More doctor stuff

I have to ask. Why do I turn into a freakin' moron in the doctor's office? And not the regular pediatrician's office - there I'm pretty normal. The ENT office makes me into a non-questioning, Yes Mom. I took a prescription from him today. I don't know why, I don't know what this is supposed to even do. I know I have to give him these nasal steroid spray thingies once a day. Side affects? Who knows! A cure for...? Who cares!? I am so stupid. Now, I have to go online and look this stuff up and figure out what the heck its for and what its going to do for my boy.

Ugh. What an idiot. I went in there and I was coaching myself.

"Now, don't just nod and smile. Ask QUESTIONS!"

"Don't be rushed in and out. Get your answers! You go Jenn! You be the boss!"

Can you stand it? Dork city.

It all started when JP started sounding like he had a permanent cold when making certain sounds. "N" seemed to be the worst. He just sounded, well, like a deaf person sort of. I mentioned it to his pedi at his checkup last week. She immediately heard the sound and referred me back to this doc. So, I went from sounding like a well intentioned, informed, concerned mommy to a bumbling fool.

I'm sure the fact that JP was having a melt down during most of the visit didn't help. He was so miserable. Screaming and crying and carrying on. I've never been in public with him acting like that, so it was a bit shocking. Thank GOD my mom had come along and was walking the hallways with Seth for me. I just can't imagine dealing with Mr. Scream and trying to keep Seth in one place. Oy.

So... another follow up in one month. I'm going armed with questions on a list and scheduled the next appointment later in the day. HA!

Comments

Popular Posts