Catching Up

Well, I've been MIA until today.  I was sick for a bit but things are much better now.  I don't think I've missed seven straight days of work since I gave birth.  Its been a few years since I had more than a four or five day stretch, so I guess it wasn't all bad. 

During my time at home, I did a lot of things that I never thought I could do anymore.  Namely, I watched the entire first season of The Killing on Netflix.  I did this within 24 hours people.  That's 13 episodes for season 1, then Amazon Prime had the first five episodes of season 2, so I watched those too.  I say the following without hesitation:

This is the best show on television since The Wire.

Also, I watched the entire second season of The Walking Dead.  This is probably in my top five for highest quality television.  Well, here are a few others I love in no particular order:

* Game of Thrones
* Dexter (first two seasons)
* True Blood (silly fun, but fun nonetheless)
* Once Upon a Time (terrifically original and completely enjoyable)
* Girls (brand new series on HBO, so far so good)
* The Big C (first season is stellar, but this latest is slipping)
* The Wire (duh! Modern day Shakespeare, tragedy-style)
* Weeds (first two seasons were brilliant, but I"m still hooked)
* How I Met Your Mother
* Modern Family
* Sopranos
* United States of Tara

There are more, but for now these are the shows I can watch and re-watch.  Anyhow, if you haven't yet seen AMC's The Killing, I cannot say enough great things about this show.  Do not pick it up in Season 2.  Rent Season 1 where you need to (Netflix has it for streaming) and start from Day One.  It is absolutely necessary.
 You will thank me, I promise!  This is writing at its finest.  The acting is impeccable and every scene is a tight wire act of suspense and emotion.  In every moment you learn something new and important about the people in the story.  There are no heroes here, no detectives who know everything and always do the right thing.  The parents, the kids, they're all fallible and human and completely developed. The plot moves at lightning speed and the curves and twists in this who-dunnit will leave you up well past bedtime.  Just ask Aaron.

Comments

Popular Posts