We've Come Full Circle


     Seth and I were talking about journaling. I told him that I still have all of my old journals. I thought maybe he would like to write one? He shrugged. I don't blame him. Kids today can't write in cursive and the thought of having to p r i n t  a journal sounded like homework. We kicked ideas around and it hit me, I had never shared this blog with one the people it was all about.

      "Have I ever showed you my old blog?!" He shook his head, no. I wrote the address down for him and off he went. Ten minutes later he was back in my office, a huge smile on his face.

     "Mom! You wrote all that?! It goes through my whole life! Why, though?" He sat down and faced me. His phone left upstairs and I had the attention of a fourteen-year-old ya'll! Magic!

     Why indeed? I wrote about that very thing ten years ago. I told Seth I thought I did it because I was scared out of my wits for an awfully long time. I was creating a time capsule because I struggled to remember the little details that fill your short days and long years. I had a second chance to hold onto those in a way I could never have imagined. I mean, I had baby books for my girls.


Mastoidectomy on JP, May 2006


     I suppose, Seth. I wrote it for you and JP. I wrote it as long as I could as often as I could.

     So tonight, when you agreed to try posting as an author? You went back upstairs and I sat here and realized the deeper purpose you just revealed. I wrote it with a dream I didn't know I had. I wrote it so one of you would write it with me. A circle I couldn't have foreseen coming full circle. Something so sweet and so special, this jack couldn't even have dreamt it up. It took you to do it, buddy.

    Family and friends, I am so happy to share that I have a writing partner. Look for some SethmaniaX writing on here!

I love you forever my sons,

Mom

Their first family reunion. Seth is looking right at you. July 2005





Comments

Popular Posts