Vacation, all I ever wanted!

We survived. It wasn't what we had planned on, but we had a great time. Right before leaving my sister's back went out. She has a long horrible history of back surgeries and problems. She was taken by ambulance to the ER and missed the whole fricken vacation. Her husband didn't want to leave her, didn't want the kids to miss out. So, Aaron and I packed up our two cars with all 7 kids and went to NH.

Dave came up late Tuesday night and stayed for the rest of the week. That was great! Their youngest is only 8 and he was pretty homesick for his parents. Lisa's daughter Lauren is 11, so she partied all week with my two. Their oldest is going to be 16 in about 2 weeks, so he was totally fine.

My parents came up for a couple nights as well and it was wonderful to have my mom there. All these kids and 2 guys and I'm totally inept when it comes to anything really domestic. I mean, I can keep ya alive but the food ain't gonna be gourmet!

The cabins we rented are privately owned and not rented all that often. We had 30 acres to ourselves!! The family that owns the place is there pretty often so the cabins had absolutely everything you could want. Kitchens were fully stocked with pots, pans, small appliances, stoves. Games everywhere, water toys and floaties, outdoor games. We basically only to buy food and bring linens! The cabins were adorable, super cozy. We had tons of room. And we were basically right on the water. The river we were on was right outside our doors, but it was down a bit so the boys weren't constantly running to it. We played and played! We rode bikes, we swam, we fished.

We are all looking very much to going again next year. Only next year, Lisa is going even if we have to strap to the hood! Back to work Monday. Bleck. All good things come to an end I guess.

BTW... saw the single greatest thing in the world. My mom played badmitton with us. It was classic! I get all my athletic prowess from her. And by athletic prowess I mean painful to watch, eyes closed while swatting at the birdie, tripping over oneself, slapping at air, unadulterated clutsiness.

It's good stuff.

Comments

Popular Posts