Work and temper tantrums. NNR.

A quick post.

Back to the job today. Summer is officially over for me. 6 weeks away and I'm back with a whole new perspective. I really do have a great gig here. I mean, all reservations off. I must have been out of my damn mind to think otherwise, even for a moment. I think I just needed time to "move in".

New boss started today too. Her name is Laura and so far things are going really great. She seems very nice and I think its going to be great.  Still going to miss Michelle though.

So, for 3 nights I was in hell. From 8pm until around 10:30pm. Total hell. Double hockey sticks. Aaron changed the cribs into toddler beds and JP wasn't ready. And by "wasn't ready" I mean he literally screamed and cried every night for at least 2 fricken hours. Seth was fine.

So, yesterday we put JP's bed back into being a crib. A little bit of fussing, but he was asleep by 9 which is now the normal time.  

What was so difficult was that up until Seth learned how to escape, my boys were in bed and asleep by 7:30.  No crying, no drama. Snack, bath, book, bed. Sleep. That was it.  It's still not what it was, but anything is better than that kid doing his Regan impersonation.

Ugh. I tried singing, reading, patting his back, sitting in the room, out of the room, ignoring him, holy water, a young priest and an old priest. I'm thinking he just really wanted to feel caged. Whatever!

What's funny is that Seth never tried to get out of the bed while JP was acting that way. Of course last night he did a total Michael Schofield on me. He hides in this tiny little window in his room. It's just a bit bigger than a shoebox with a very large sort of little sill. There's no screen or anything. It's very low to the ground and is the exact height of his shelf that is built into the crib's changing table. He lies on the shelf and puts his shoulders and head in there to look outside. I found this out one day when I ran out to the van to get something while he was napping. This little girl on a bike says, "Ha! Look at that baby!"  And there, with his little face pressed against the glass is my Seth. Not napping at all. He waved.

Adorable, but after the 6th or 7th time last night... not so cute.


Comments

  1. I remember those days. My litte one still sleeps with me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts