New Job, Day One

So, I worked at my new job today. I was pretty nervous all weekend and I couldn't eat anything today. Seriously, I ate nothing until 6pm tonight. For those who previously worked with me know damn well that that my friends is ODD!

Things I noticed:

1. Nobody bitched. Might be due to my being new, but these people seriously love this program.

2. Nobody was a.drunk b. high c.homeless d. any combination of these things. At least they seemed none of these at first meeting.

3. I get one hour for lunch. Paid.

4. No dirty emails. Kinda sucks.

5. I have 6 cafeterias to choose from. They all feature specialty foods. The one near me is a Whole Foods sponsored caf with all natural shit. If I want the good fried food I have to walk a few buildings away. But, they still can't beat lunch with my sister.

6. Rao's is a coffee shop in the library. It boasts organic beans that are roasted on the premises every evening. I know, I know! right?! Good God, it's like friggin' heaven! I'll let ya know how it is.

7. I have access (and my kids and spouse - whoever that may be at the moment ;0) ) can attend over 600 college/universities and receive an automatic discount of $25,000 per year for tuition and fees and room and board. This starts after my 3rd year there. For those horribly wretched at math, that's damn near $100,000 in free schooling. Per kid.

8. Their flex spending is done via debit card. Meaning: No receipts to send in. Just use the debit card that is linked to your flex account. Crazy shit!

9. Dental insurance sucks. Not even getting it.

10. I work with uber educated women who take no shit. And so far, they aren't that funny.

11. I met 10 people from 8 countries in the first 15 minutes of work.

12. The word Pedagogy is thrown around like the word "auth" or "crisis team" might be at Prov. It's everywhere. And until 30 seconds ago, I had completely forgotten its meaning since graduating from college.

13. I'm surrounded by books.

14. I have no one to look at The Superficial or What Would Tyler Durden Do? with. Gia - I miss ya!

15. I have a crazy ass nice pc... 19" flat screen baby!

16. I have only a 20 cup coffee maker. Meaning: I have no coffee maker. These people don't drink coffee in the afternoon!? And only one cup in the morning?! It's ANARCHY!

17. I got totally lost on campus. And yes, I had a damn map. I just kept spinning around trying to figure which way was up. It was horrible.

18. The floors squeak when you walk. Which is kinda cool, but also kinda annoying.

19. Steam heat: It's loud everywhere.

20. Most people are computer illiterate. And that's sad.

Okay, enough for now. Gotta watch Heroes and make a cake for the Halloween Party at the boys' daycare. It was supposed to be cupcakes, but I can't find my cupcake tin. So, now it's plain ole chocolate cake! Go planning ahead!! Woo Hooo!

Comments

  1. sounds like your kindca place just eat at lunch time go to wood brighes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts