Stuff happening.

I may possibly have landed a new job. It isn't definite, but it's looking pretty great. I've been feeling a bit burnt out at work and this new opportunity sort of found me.

I have always said that if I found something that was very, very different from my current job that I would seriously consider leaving the hospital. And, well, its here. I think.

I'm excited. And, I'm really scared too. I've been working at PBHH for over 5 years and this place is sincerely a second home to me. I have worked in all sorts of places since I started there. But mostly.... I have friends that I love there.

These aren't typical work friends. These are people who share their lives with me. We are all raising our kids in this nutty world and struggling with the fact that life keeps happening.

We have all leaned on each other's shoulders, held our breath together while waiting for some sort of big news, we have made each other coffee after a new baby has been born. We have laughed about pregnancy and kids and toddlers and teenagers. We support each other while denying our ages. We have laughed and laughed when there really was no reason to do so. Some of us have endured divorce, some got married, some of us started over and some of us have settled down. In fact, a few of us have done almsot all those things!

In our darkest hour a dear friend lost her husband, suddenly and tragically. In those moments, I can't imagine how she would have gotten through without our friend Sheril at her side.

We have sat in a red chair and vented, we have read Maya Angelou over and over again, we have picked names for Christmas in June only to buy the stupid gift December 23rd anyhow. WE saw eachother through first home buying and surprise babies. Re-structuring and policy changes on a daily basis. Oh those were good times!!

And through all of these things, we have miraculously pulled through. A bit worn perhaps, a bit wiser defintely. I am so much more than I was when I met these amazing and wonderful people. I am going to miss them so much. That group was a once in a lifetime rarity.

You know who you all are. Thanks, for everything.

P.S. Jose - don't let it go to your head okay? Good Lord, I can hear it now.

Comments

Popular Posts