Turkey, Basketball and Yarn.

Hey! Its been a week almost since my last post?  I'm such a lazy ass.

Thanksgiving went down like this:  we ate a lot of food, we fell asleep early.  The end.

Saturday brought forth two pretty cool things: Alumni Basketball Game and yours truly turned something like 37.  36?  No.. def 37.

The Alumni Game was awesome!  TPCP was a part of it: we were all there in our homemade green t-shirts cheering on the young and not so young players.  Three games of Granby High alums re-capturing some glory from the old days.  We raised enough to extend our gift of team jackets to the JV basketball teams too.... how cool is that?

And then, the magic of gifts!  Ah yes.  My daughters bought me new pajamas, slippers and Dove chocolate.  Did I mention I have the greatest kids on the planet?  Seriously.  Perfection.

And then... Aaron bought me something I have been coveting for about ooooooohhh... 9-10 months.  An all wood, handcrafted yarn swift.  What is a yarn swift and what the hell does it do you ask? 




Pretty fricking sweet right?  And now, I'm the coolest person I know.

And now for some basketball highlights....
brought to you by the person least likely to ever write or say that....



The 1000 Pointers (minus 2 I think)




What its all about!


 
The Boys in White: Game 1




Emre and Anabel Evren sang the National Anthem.  I saw Anabel sing at a talent show I judged here in town.  She sang In My Life by The Beatles and I sat there fighting the urge to bawl my eyes out.  It was absolutely one of the most endearing and beautiful things I've seen.  Her father played guitar while she sang.  I walked into my front door later that night and told Aaron I had found our wedding song.  I wonder if I could ask her to sing it (whenever that day happens, that is)?

Okay, there are about 237 more shots of this day.  You can see it by clicking on the image below.



2009-11-30



Comments

  1. It was a great day and we had fun watching everyone play Gabe did a gret job, and when all was done jenn came out and her crazy family yelled and sang Happy b-day to her and mom and dad got her a little cake hahah, Thanks everyone Kate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts