Its Never Simple Is It?

An amusing but frustrating back and forth with Skype:

It started with a web form submission when my Skype number wouldn't work.  In my frustration, I tried to activate a new number because I really needed to use my Skype.  I had forgotten that PayPal had an old card on my account.  After that attempt, I thought, "Why am I giving them MORE money?  My account is up to date and paid through November." So I sent them this message:

Me:  I paid my 3 month Skype bill but my online number won't work. It was 413.241.XXXX. What's up Skype? 

Skype Person:
Thank you for contacting Skype Customer Service.
We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your Online Number, that it does not work although you have paid for it a 3 months subscription.
Our records show that your payment for your online number (+1 413 650 XXXX) subscription was refused by Paypal, and that there were no problems with your order on our side.

I realized that perhaps I wasn't very clear in my brevity, so I answered back:


Me:  

The order for 3 months of service was paid in September and it went through fine.  I still can't access my old Skype number.  I tried to re-do it today but forgot that the card attached to my paypal had expired.

 Skype Person:


Thank you for your reply.

We understand your concerns regarding your expired Credit Card with PayPal. We are glad to assist you with this.
Since your Credit Card has expired, all you need to do is update it with PayPal.

Your payment was refused due to a problem with your PayPal account.

Needless to say, I'm a little frustrated that Skype People can't seem to get around this minor point of a failed attempt to ignore that they took my money on September 21st but my account still isn't right.  I can't call my Skype number nor is it showing up on my account. 

Me:   


Still not the issue. 

The issue is that this past September (last month) I successfully, without issue, paid for three months of Skype.  I am trying to find out why I can't use my old Skype number 413.241.8605. 
The issue HAS NOTHING to do with the most recent transaction.

Again, for clarity, I want to use my old Skype number. 
I paid for this in September for three months of service.

Thank you very much for reading the entire email and not focusing on the transaction from yesterday.



~~~

I wonder if this is clearer?



Comments

Popular Posts