Wedding - Quick Post

I have exactly three photos from my wedding right now.   Well, technically I have one in this very moment:

Autumn, me and Danielle

My nephew David took this with his iPhone.  The real photos will be ready in about a month.  I have a photo of my boys, Aaron and Dan and Pierre that I'll post as soon as I have them in my email. 

Our day was everything we wanted and so much more.  The formal part of our day at Delaney House was emotional and elegant and filled with happy tears and great food.  Dan was awesome as our officiant and the closing he wrote was so touching and moving I can still remember it word for word.   After some coaching last week, Seth and JP were little bosses up there!  They held hands and stood there so patiently and right on cue they placed our handfasting cord over our hands and went right back to their places.  It was adorable.

Danielle read her poem Love by Roy Croft even though she was terrified.  Autumn read the Irish Blessing after we were handfast.  My parents tied our knot in the cord and read the translated Gaelic blessing and then my dad added his own.  I think I held it together pretty well until I looked at my dad's eyes filled up with tears and in that moment, well, everything felt so perfect. 

The whole day was like something out of a dream.  The service at Delaney House was unlike anything I'd ever experienced.  The spread of food looked like something out of a movie.  And it was all delicious. 

I'll post more shots when I get them.  Right now, I'm sort of trying to get my feet back on the ground and return to Earth. 

Well, maybe I'll do that tomorrow. 

Comments

Popular Posts