Lying Liars

My family is a big bunch of liars.  Pants on fire too.

Friday around 5 my mom called:

Mom:  Hey! Sharon just called and she made a special center piece for you and Aaron.  You want to go see it with me?

Me:  (already in pajamas and knitting with tea next to me) Uhhh, yeah, sure.  You don't want to go tomorrow?

Mom:  Nah.  Let's just go tonight.  You have a ton of errands tomorrow.

Me:  Okay.  Do you want me to pick you up?

Mom:  No, that's okay.  How about after supper?

Me:  Okay, that sounds good.

~One hour later the phone rings again~

Mom:  Hey, Lisa is here.  She wants to come with us.

Me: Okay.  Same time?

Mom: Yeah, it'll be around 7:15 or so.

And so they pick me up and drive me to Sharon's house.  I open the door to a camera flash and the greatest group of ladies yelling, "SURPRISE!!!"

Oh they got me good! So, so good.  I was flabbergasted and for about an hour or two there I was in another world.  Well, maybe that was punch, but I was pretty stunned.

It was so fun and so thoughtful and sweet and kind and generous and all those things that those liars are.  My daughters were totally in on it too.  Apparently being good at lying is genetic.  Who knew?

Thank you so much ladies.  It was a wonderful evening.

Comments

  1. it was so easy, with the help of everyone HAHA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts