Are You F*#$ing Kidding Me?!

Disclaimer:  This is a real idea.  This isn't from the Onion.

The Department of Defense is spending $10M on a fish oil study.  They think fish oil is the answer to the rampant suicide rate of returning soldiers from Iraq and Afghanistan.

FISH OIL.

You can read more here.

Apparently the lack of fatty acids and Omega oils is to blame for our men and women coming home from an eleven year war with little to no hope of resolution/victory in sight and taking their own lives.  Oh, sure, we are coming out of Iraq and that war is technically "over"  and Afghanistan's part is coming to an end.  Not because its fixed or peaceful, but because it was fruitless and foolish to begin with.  Nation building is not what the military does.  Spreading Democracy or solving the world's problems is also not what our military does.  Our military defends the United States of America.  If someone could please explain how killing poppy drug lords in the mountains of Afghanistan is in our best interest, I would love to hear it. 

More than five thousand soldiers are dead and thousands more are home with missing limbs, brain injuries, burns, and PTSD and they think FISH OIL is going to fix things.  I would love to hear what the spouses, mothers, and children of our wounded veterans think of this brilliant idea.  I know a few, so I think I'll ask.  I would bet I already know the answer (hint:  see title of the blog post).

This is so completely enraging, I can't even finish this post.

Fish oil.  

Comments

Popular Posts