What comes around...

What a week. What a horrible, long week. Both boys have pink eye and colds and are teething. I was in the ED last week with ovarian cysts (one had burst hence the excruciating pain). I have barely slept in days. JP was up last night every 20 minutes. The poor little guys. Seth started with the pink eye last week and JP woke up with it today.

The pediatrician wanted me to get a separate bottle of eye drops because of cross-contamination. I kind of giggled thinking of them tearing each other's pacifiers out of their mouths and switching. Or kissing each other's drool-soaked cheeks. Yeah. Separate eye drops... that'll do the trick! I just didn't pick it up. Why spend the money on another bottle? It's not like it goes IN their eyes... just hovers above.

I have two more doc appointments this week to figure out what to do about the remaining cyst. Apparently it's a good one and its growing lobes and everything. Nasty. They were saying it was so big that it'll probably burst any day now, so they kept me home today and tomorrow.

Paul's wake is today and his funeral is tomorrow. I am going tonight after my mom gets here to watch the boys. Dreading it completely.

Comments

  1. I laughed out loud at the "seperate bottle" comment. My 10 month old twins (and me)are all sharing one bottle of pink eye med right now. And you're right, it doesnt really go IN their eye, just hovers until they squirm out of my firm grasp. It's pointless to seperate the two babies - they eat out of each other's MOUTHS for heavens sake.
    We are finally getting through a particularly vile cold and pink eye week ourselves. I realized the other day that I was actually squeezing snot from their little noses with my fingers and then wiping it on my shirt, since I was without tissues at the moment and they were both too stuffed up to drink their bottles in comfort.
    I used to be such a diva once....deep sigh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts