Mutton Pie Haiku

I could think of no better way to celebrate Mutton Pie Day than with a haiku!


Rolling the dough round
Filling the middle with lamb
Don't forget pepper

Mutton pies in fridge
Mutton pies in the freezer
Mutton pies in broth.

Irish music on
Songs about beer and fighting
The brothers Clancy

Sipping on my beer
Clouds of flour all around
Dog chewing on bones

Seth and JP play
On the dining room table
Matchbox roads of white

Kate mixing the dough
Dad laughs at his crazy kids
Still need more flour

Mutton pies in fridge
Mutton pies in the freezer
Mutton pies in broth

Pictures to freeze time
Kids with rolling pins smiling
Grandpa sitting grins

Mutton pies in the bowl
Mutton pies in my belly
Mutton pies rule the day!!

Comments

  1. It sure was a great day. I can't beleve we made over 200 of those things. It is going to take you a year to clean up all that flour. I think that's why I don't make them at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD JOB GUYS!!!WISH I WAS THERE,THE MOVIE SHOWS IT WAS A GREAT DAY!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts