Are you ready for some... perspective?




A "stranger-friend" (someone I know online only so far - yet to meet in real life) sent me this email today. It struck an awful lot of chords with me. With permission, I pasted it below. Thanks for sharing L!

~~~


The super bowl...


The score was 7 -3 Pats in the lead,we all just got done eating
some really good Chinese food,sitting back and talking about the
superbowl ads.


Talking with my Dad,I started to notice something was wrong,Was
sure what it was but he didn't look right to me,enough to where I
walked over to my older brother,and told him this.I didn't have panic
in my tone ,just concern.My brother was finishing up what he was
doing,and I walked back to my father.He was Grey in color and his head
now was hanging-He was sitting on a high bar stool at the kitchen
island.I went back to my brother with panic in my voice and just
said-Now.


He jumped up and cause a down hill effect-My younger brother
jumped up also.When they reached him,it was just enough time to hold
him up-he went limp.As they started to yell get him on the floor.

I went and called my husband who was in the celler with some
friends.At the top of the stairs-I couldn't breath-I couldn't seem to
get the one word I needed to come out of my mouth-Dan.

But somehow did.With two steps he was at the top of the stairs.


Walking back into the room with everyone,I watched them lower my
father to the floor.White and not responding.All I have read on first
aid,stoke and heart attacks-some how felt locked away in a box
somewhere.Scared out of mind,I was worth nothing. :0(.


I walked into my bedroom,by myself and said a prayer~It was then
when one of my friends came in and told me not to go back out there.I
then understood,I was the only one who knows CPR that was here.The
locked box,unlocked.


Walking back out -with my legs shaking,I saw something-My family
and friends all taking a roll in calling 911,getting my dads legs up
over his head,putting his head at a lowest point.My dad had everyone
holding him.I joined in -finally.( Very mad at myself,for letting fear
strip me of being able to help).Some color came back into his face and
lips,and he was sweating bad.I went and got a cold cloth,and what was
minutes seemed like hours for the EMTs to come.


Our lives changed in seconds-we went from wanting the Pats to win,to the world just stopping.

With all the flashing lights out front,fire trucks,and cop cars.


My dad spoke," What the hell am I on the floor for"-Music to my
ears.We are not sure what happened yet-he is in the hospital as of this
morning,and they have been running tests.


I learned alot here-My family is wonderful,and what The real stuff
in life should be.How it can be taken away in a split second.When the
world was watching the Pats and the Giants-thinking it was the most
important thing.Someones other world was flipped upside down.


Always be kind to others,and take the time to smell the
flowers.You just never know,when its going to be your world in turmoil
or you for that matter.

I've learned something bigger last night.


Thanks for reading..

~~~~

Update: Dad is fine and should be home today. It was low blood sugar. I think what touched me so much is that this family, this is exactly like mine. So, that means its probably a lot like yours. And that would mean that we're all just folks. Aren't we? Just getting through our days, paying bills, washing dishes and looking out for each other. Complaining about the politicians, the kids. Looking at the mess in our cars or our family rooms. Hating to wash dishes and hoping our partner's will have them done when we get home. Getting that last cup of milk before bed and hoping that our little ones sleep through the night.

And then there are those like my co-worker, who go to sleep every night praying her little one is still with her in the morning. Or when she drives away to run an errand.

Perspective.

Tom Brady didn't win it. But a friend's father is going to be okay. And we had an evening with good company and great food.

Yeah... perspective is good.




Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

  1. Perspective is good. We all need a different one sometimes. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts