Kids, The Wire and a cat named Snowball

I'm totally exhausted. I drank a diet Pepsi around 9 last night and the caffeine buzz kept me up until around 2ish. I have cut back on the coffee and holy moly I was AWAKE!!

Seth.. still sick. No fever since around 6am yesterday so I have my fingers crossed. This would be week 3 for those keeping track. Coughing like a maniac still. Hmm.... maniacal coughing. Sounds weird. Here's the fallout of being sick and waited on for almost a month:

"CUPPA CUPPA CUPPA!"

"BLANKIEEEEE! BAAALLAAAANNNNNKKKIIIEEEEE! GREEN ONE! BLUE ONE! SA-NUGGGLE MEEEE!"

Oh, fun doesn't even begin to cover the demanding little monster we've created. I don't even know where "cuppa" comes from but apparently it is Seth Speak for whatever cup he isn't already hoarding in his death grip. He is however about 70% potty trained. We were on a roll until the Sickness started.

JP... goofy kid that one. Silly and funny and talking up a storm. No temper tantrums yet. This would be week 4 I believe. And yes, I'm keeping track! I put some dairy back into his diet and he is doing pretty terrific. Gosh he is sweet. I feel like I'm finally seeing the boy that's been stuck hiding for a year. Wonderfulness!

Danielle and Autumn are in a school play. Autumn seems to have forgiven me for the braces. Or at least she's dealing with it. What's funny is that they're so tiny you don't really even notice them. Danielle keeps trying to sing and I'm all for my kids trying new things, but its really not pretty. A goat birthing an elephant might be a good description of her rendition of "Hopelessly Devoted to You".

The Wire. What can I say?? Last episode airs on Sunday.

RIP OMAR

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


A little story about a few ladies I "know" from online. Someone posted on Craigslist.com about a cat who she thought belonged to a neighbor. The cat is an outdoor cat only. She was in labor for 2 days. No one seemed to want to claim this cat. Well, this wonderful lady who wanted to help the cat was contacted by a few folks from the Pets Forum and then in turn those same people contacted the owner of New Beginnings Rescue.

Within 2 hours they had that cat being transported to an emergency vet appointment. She was given a c-section. All of her kittens were dead and she was suffering from a major infection that would have killed her. Her uterus twisted when the first kitten was trying to pass through the birthing canal. Turns out the cat's name is Snowball. She is alive but not out of the woods just yet.

You can see her here: http://picasaweb.google.com/jenncurran/Snowball

The nice neighbor is looking to adopt Snowball where she can live out her days INDOORS.

Amazing ladies out there. Really terrific.


Comments

Popular Posts