The Crash

A lot of research into the Mirena these past few days has been happening.  I've decided to write a solid article on this.  In my reading, it seems that there is something women are calling "The Crash."  This is a hormonal crash due to our bodies not making its own progesterone for so long.  The Mirena IUD releases progestins (which apparently is quite different that the real stuff) which makes our body not make its own.  We have the device removed and about 6 - 10 days after our homone levels nose dive leaving us feel like, well, like shit.  And here I am experiencing exactly that.

Total exhaustion.

Headache

The need to cry

Emotional

And the worst pain in my body I've had in a very, very long time.  This is insane.  People need to know about this.  If you want to see some horror stories, google yourself this little phrase:  my mirena horror story.  Or mirena nightmare.  Or mirena withdrawal.

So far, nothing good has happened.  I'm also reading that even four or months later some women just aren't that much better.  That really helped with the "emotional" and "need to cry" entries on my list above.

Is it time for bed yet?

Comments

Popular Posts