The Clock Ticks

I am still sick. My mom is sore from a fall. Sister Kate had surgery Monday. Sister Lisa has a bad back. There's all sorts of economy backlash hitting the lot of us.

A lot of not so great going around in the last gasps of 2010. But here I am in my pajamas at 4pm checking my list and planning out the next 24 hours. Lots of errands to run, gifts yet to buy and food to cook. I have little energy left and to be honest, the procrastinator in me is saying "You've got plenty of time! Read your book." The realist in me is telling me to snap out of it and move thy ass to the grocery store.

The tea in my cup is warm and the living room is cozy. The gifts I can't wait to give are mostly wrapped due to the wonder that is Aaron. He's been working overtime and then picking up my slack while I've been trying to get rid of this flu. I don't know what I ever did in this life to convince the man to hang out with me for the long haul, but its pretty damn awesome. The whole lot of it is actually.

2010 is on its way out and you know, it was mostly a pretty good one. New job is rockin' and I barely shiver at the mention of my previous employer any more. (Being where I am now and enjoying a bit of success really helped to confirm the inkling that she may well be totally insane.)

Things are quiet where they should be. You know, deep down, under the hustle and bustle of normal family life, its peaceful here. I am living exactly the life I want and am fully enjoying this journey and loving the people I share it with. I've a lot to be thankful for. My life isn't charmed but it sure is blessed. And that's what it's all about. Grocery store be damned.


Comments

Popular Posts