Fire!

My dryer caught on fire yesterday. Literally, flames shooting out of it. Aaron was home and he put it out and nothing horrible happened. The clothes were wet so I think that helped. In my current state of poverty after being out of work for 2 months I called Aaron's Lease/Rental place to see about doing a lease to own type thing. For a regular ole electric dryer they want $69 a month for 12 months. That would be $828 total for you English majors out there.

I called Home Depot and the same dryer costs $299. Is that fricken hysterical???

So, we're clotheslining it for another week. If you see me and I am walking funny, its because my jeans were line-dried. Either that or I went with the Aaron's Rental idea.




Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

  1. oh man - that blows (pun intended...Yes, I know it is a bad one but I don't get out much). Hope your dryer problems clear up soon. We have washing machine problems and I understand your pain. We don't want to buy a new one, but the rent thing is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be an epidemic. My dishwasher died on me last night. No flames, just smoke. I can't complain, tho. I was given to me through Freecycle. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts