Mikvah

Echos, tinny and clanging.

The water ring around my face is warm. Only my nose is touching the air.

Silence and serenity.

For the first time in 2 and a half years, I am lying in total silence.

Nothingness

and sweetness.

The cleansing waters supporting me.

Weightless.

I lie there for what seems like hours, remembering things.

Hoping things.

Praying things.

Brief moments, to gave it all away
and just float there, under the water.

The warm waters, light lavender scent.

The sounds of the busy street, of kids,

of television and video games and dog panting and cat meowing and

questions and comments were no where under the water.

Not near me, not around me.

They ceased to exist where I lay.

Undulating in those waters.

A womb, a tomb.

Just me and my breath.

My heart beating slowly and steadily.

The water moving with my lungs, my pulse.

The gentle sway of me...

dreaming and being.


Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular Posts