Craptastic Work Stuff

So, remember when I wrote this? I had a meeting yesterday that now makes me feel like this about my job.

I had this meeting from hell. It was like the job that I thought I had, the boss that I thought I had were figments of my imagination. Apparently, for the entire year my boss has been hating on me, not liking my performance, felt like I went over her head on things or took credit for the wrong things. Mind you, the ONLY feedback until Tuesday was ALL POSITIVE. She has never had a job in the real world. She's gone from high school straight through to her PhD. Sh has not a freaking clue . Unfortunately, this of course will only reflect poorly on ME. Until this moment all my reviews and performance evaluations have been pretty effing terrific. I take my job seriously. I don't work for the fun of it. I feel totally cheated and completely dejected. I cannot believe she let almost an entire year go without ever saying something to me.

And, to make matters worse, she is pulling this shit with two other staff members. I think that between the three of us there is close to forty years of experience combined. One of the women is a faculty member. Both of them are leaving. Outta there. The program actually cut their positions to part time (half the hours) and only cut the salary by $5,000. Of course, when they were told that their jobs were being cut to part time they were not given the salary information. They waited to list that until they were sure they were not going to re-apply. How fantastically shitastic is that???

I have a meeting with boss's boss tomorrow morning. I plan on letting it all loose. There is just so much to this story and I just don't want to bore you with the details but here's an analogy:

Imagine being in a partnership/marriage. Imagine that relationship being perfect: total trust, happiness, all the good stuff. Now imagine coming home from work and finding that s/he has packed up his stuff and is leaving you. That s/he is incredibly unhappy and goes on to list all your faults and things you've done or haven't done. Only the list is sounding like its describing someone you've never met. And while some of the things on the list might have happened, they were months ago and you thought they were handled and done with.

That's what happened at this meeting. And it sucks. I am officially on the job market. And that sucks even more.

Comments

Popular Posts