Sharing the Moon

Seth: Mommy, do you see the moon?

Me: Yeah, its really big isn't it?

Seth: Its too heavy. I can't hold it.

Me: No buddy, you can't pick it up. Its way to big.

Seth: JP... will you share the moon with me?

~~~~

In a world of possibilities, the impossible seems so simple. To see the world as limitless, without laws of gravity or the ability to understand that when things are far away they simply appear tiny. In that world, where sharing the moon with your brother is plausible, there exists the ability to take a cloud for a walk and hold the sun in your hands. To pick a plane out of the sky and stop the ocean waves from crashing ashore.

I wish I could somehow freeze these moments and keep them forever.

Happy Mother's Day world.

Comments

  1. "will you share the moon with me?" - I cannot imagine a more wonderful conversation...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts