Fabulous! New York Reading 10/2/09


Todd Santa Maria -choreographer and also one of the boys


Nate and Lea - We were standing right outside the room where the reading was to be held.
You can see Times Square behind us.


Luis - played Jane Mann (Wonderful, wonderful!) and Pat - she played Sylvia Smothers (Who feels romantic in a lesbian kind of way - hysterically funny song!)

The entrance to the space... it was gorgeous!


Aaron and me in Times Square right after the reading


Michael Rheault (composer), Dan and me


Dan and his boyfriend Pierre (who is most adorable, French and very sweet)


Michael and Dan inside the Frederick Loewe Room

Wow I have been slacking on the ole bloggity blog blog. But apparently there is no shortage of corniness. I've been struggling with writing anything on here lately... I've contemplated retiring the blog, doing a weekly thing like PostSecret, or just post whenever I want.

So, what's new in the world?

Well, I went to NYC last weekend with a bunch of wonderful theatre folks. Aaron and I spent a whole night away... together... without kids!!! Wooooo!

Why was I in the greatest city on earth you ask? Well, I was there to do a reading of Dan's play Fabulous! I participate in this process in the only way I know how: to support Dan's ego and read the stage directions. I was there for the Westfield reading which you can read about here and see the boys from the reading here. It was read this time right on Broadway... #1501 to be exact!

We went out to dinner at the legendary Jo Allen Restaurant and feasted on delicious meals and a very yummy bottle of wine. The next day we ate at the 5 Napkin Cheeseburg where I had the most amazing Bloody Mary. And you do need a fork and knife to eat the burgers. Totally yummy.

After lunch, we went to see Wishful Drinking. Which is NOT titles Positive Drinking as I keep saying. It was at the legendary Studio 54 and the show was a riot. We loved it, Aaron saw his very first Broadway show and then we drove home. Well, Dan drove. In the traffic, the downpour, the poor visibility. I slept.

What a great weekend. Seriously. It was fantastic. Thanks Dan.

Comments

  1. CONGRATS TO DAN AND YOU knew you'd be there someday!!! proud of you guys hope you hear soon and you go all the way love you Kate ps don't you dare stop writing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! You're welcome. Thank you for joinging us (and feeding my ego)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee... now that I've read what I wrote, it seems that the weekend was both "yummy" and "legendary." And that was before I even left the hotel room... booya! Oh God, did I just say "booya?"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts