This weather is both comforting and horrible

I am literally falling asleep at the 'puter today. Its almost 4pm and I'm so ready for my pajamas, tea and couch.

I am starting Kate's socks for real tonight. I wound up the yarn last night using the "insert thumb to make center pull ball" technique. Its pretty neat and didn't take as long as I thought it would. 462 yards. Please God, please be enough! I'll never be able to dye another skein and match it perfectly.

So, this will be my first attempt at a lace pattern. The chart is crazy looking. I have made several copies so that I can keep track of rows and stitches. Do me a favor: if you find a stumbling, slightly chunky 30-something mumbling, "Double decrease this! You yarn over! Slip, slip knit my ass!" She will likely be in a fog, wearing the most ridiculous yet comfy pajamas and zig zagging through the streets of Granby. She will also be holding a bottle of wine in one hand and purple yarn in the other with tiny knitting needles tangled in her hair. Please, just drop her off in the vicinity of Sherwood Drive. Only her mother will be able to save her.

Yep, this is relaxing.

Comments

Popular Posts