A Gift

A dear friend of mine sent me one of the most touching gifts recently, I need to share.  It was a gift certificate with this message:

In remembrance of your nephew. May you continue to find peace and healing through knitting.

And to be even more fitting... it was from the most wonderful Three Irish Girls yarn company.  They are sort of like the Cadillac of yarn dyers.  They are among the most well-loved yarns in the knitting universe and recently cleaned house in awards at Sock Summit 2009.  In fact, they are in such high demand right now, the turnaround is approximately 8 weeks.  Which actually totally perfect because that gives me time to finish all the things that need finishing.  Sort of like forced discipline. 

What colorways did I go for you ask?  How about a little Irish Sea?  And perhaps some Roisin?  Sock yarn folks, and it doesn't get better than this!  I've picked out patterns for each already... but my mind will likely change as the spring sock patterns make their way onto Ravelry. 

Thank you Kelly.  The best part of this gift is that it came from you... I appreciate it so much. 

Comments

  1. I cannot wait to see what color you pick and what you create with it! you make beautiful pieces and I love watching the progress!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts