Happy Birthday Pat

The years, they roll on by
They take so much with them
And leave so little behind


Memorizing the laughter
Cementing the pictures in my mind
Telling the same stories years after


I know you didn't throw the first punch
I watched as Elvis hit the ground
Well, maybe you did, its just a hunch


I'm not so sure where to even begin
I won't let it all out
And I can't hold it all in

New pads, pedals and hand brakes
On your gleaming black and yellow bike
I wish you could have seen your face

Fighting time, battling a lazy memory
I think I remember the words
And what we found so damn funny

Convinced there were snakes
Swimming under our rubber raft
Drifting together on Little Squam Lake

I hold out hope, but I'm afraid
I can't bear to forget your laugh
Or the memories we made

Comments

  1. you to where so much like brother and sister, you watch over him when he was little then he watch over you, how funny the bike was yellow and black and so is his car hahah LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts