Tobolowsky Files

About two or three weeks ago I discovered a podcast. Now, I've tried podcasts in the past and they often run the risk of being completely boring, poorly planned, poorly executed, etc. And then Stephen Tobolowsky did an IAMA on reddit.com.

He mentioned his podcast on reddit and I was pretty fascinated with the guy already.  I mean, he has been in hundreds of movies and television shows! How cool is that?

Turns out, his podcast isn't exactly focused on that stuff.  Oh sure there are plenty of great stories and lots of good advice for the aspiring thespian.  But the real story here is a life story.  And one that finds ways of revealing truth and honesty and love and hardship in a such a way that it sneaks up on you and leaves you breathless.  More often than not I find myself wiping the tears out of my eyes or laughing hysterically while waiting for a traffic light to turn green.

I can't get it quite right, but this review does a pretty darn good job. If you have the internet, download this podcast and listen to it in order (this is important!) right from iTunes.  If you have a smartphone or mp3 player... download it and listen anywhere you like.  Seriously, you will not be disappointed.  And hey, its free!

Comments

Popular Posts