60 Days

I bought a wedding dress.  I'm going to vent, you ready?

Why?  Why are dresses all designed for 22 year olds who are 5'11" and 110 lbs or their grandmothers?  We stormed Nordstrom's and West Farms Mall on Saturday for seven hours. Seven.  Hours.

We started at Nordstrom's because according to their website they have millions of dresses. They are lying liars who lie.  Their store does not have millions or thousands of dresses.  They have hundreds in sizes 0-8 and hundreds more for the 60+ crowd.  They had three for me.

Suck it Nordstrom.  After two hours, we needed food and I needed a new perspective.


P. F. Chang's?  Delicious!!!  If you ever go to the Rich Person's Mecca*, eat here.  The food was fantastic, the service was excellent and the wine was downright yummy.

After lunch we headed to Lord and Taylor where I just started grabbing shit.  I let go of my dream of wearing green or even having green in my wedding.  I grabbed this one dress that I sort of shrugged into my pile and thought "Who fricking cares?  Just get one that fits."

You know how it is.  You know once a dress slides up onto your shoulders and it sort of falls into place and it hides the shit you want hidden and "Hey! Nice job on the boobs!" happens?  That's what happened. It isn't green or blue or ivory.  Its a weird sort of silvery/champagne color with spaghetti straps and a shrug that actually covers you up, its floor length.  And it was perfect.

Paired with the navy blue dresses my girls had on, we looked pretty good!  Of course my daughters could throw on potato sacks and look spectacular!

So, that's done.  Now its invitations.  Another entire issue that sucks.  There is no excuse for the expense of these things.  I need 15.  It shouldn't cost $90 for 15 cards and envelopes.  I"m making my own.  Screw it.

People do this for a living.  I cannot even begin to imagine.

*West Farms Mall - where the richest of Connecticut shop.  My ten year old minivan was the oldest vehicle in the jammed lots.  Every car was a Volvo SUV, BMW, Mercedes, Audi and the occasional Jeep.  All brand new and mostly black in color.  It was insane.  I turned to my sisters and mom at one point and said, "Does anyone else feel like a peasant?"

Comments

Popular Posts