Kind of Cold

Last night, shortly after his modeling stint, Seth had an upset stomach.  He was pretty whiny and decided that the best thing to do would be to lie down in his sister's bed and watch Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.  I'm not sure if the movie's food focus made things worse, but he was pretty certain that vomit was going to happen. 

I walked him into the bathroom and explained the importance of never vomiting in said sister's bed.  He didn't.  He went back into bed and asked if he could fall asleep in there.  I said yes, but only if he promised to try to make it to the bathroom in case he was sick. 

He asked, "But what if I can't?" 

"Well, I"ll bring you a pan just in case you don't think you can make it.  Just NOT on the bed okay?"

I brought in a huge pan and handed it to him.  He took the pan, laid it on its side and then placed his head inside the pan. 

"Ummmm Seth?"

"Yeah?"

"Buddy, you don't have to sleep with your head in there.  Just put it on the floor next to the bed."

"Oh.  Okay. It was kind of cold anyway."

(If a writer of Modern Family is out there... this is a perfect Luke moment.)

Comments

Popular Posts