Kings

I watched the season premiere of the new show Kings onDemand last night. And I flipping loved it. Which means, it will probably become another Black Donnelly's or Freaks and Geeks.

And sure enough, I just read that it didn't so hot in the ratings. Seriously folks... Desperate Housewives was good the FIRST season. That's it. Get over it! Its like a fricking Botox infomercial. They need to start adding the tagline, "How to ignore the wall you hit 10 years ago." Or, "Anorexia, if you thought it was horrible to see on teenagers, you should see it on 40 somethings!"

But no, people tend to be sheep when it comes to tv. Anything too original, too smart or too well-written or well-acted will likely be ignored by the masses. And this show is a lot of those things. Some of it was a bit over-blown or even contrived, but it was leaps and bounds better than 99% of the crap on network tv. NBC is taking a chance and I like that. I cannot believe I just wrote that.

And the little boy is a hottie. Actually, they both are... but the country boy is particularly yummy. And Swearengen is bad ass. Its good to see him again, I missed him. Cocksucker. (That was a Deadwood reference mom, I swear.)

I'm begging you, watch this show. Please? This one and Friday Night Lights. K?

Comments

Popular Posts