Girl Post

I subscribe to Birchbox.  I just started this a couple months ago for the girls and I to have fun with.  Essentially, for $10 a month you get a box of premium samples for skin care, makeup, fragrance, etc. 


The box arrives in pretty wrappings with really neat stuff I would typically not buy on my own.  Last month the box had a Gossip Girl theme, the month before that it was Spring.  I've gotten everything from Befine cleansers and moisturizers (awesome stuff by the way!), two-way sticky tapes to hold your dress in place, lip glosses, mascara, eye shadow samples, you name it.  Its really cool.  The girls and I rip through it and fight over the best ones. 

Recently, I received a tube of BB Cream by Dr. Jart+.  I had never even heard of this stuff before, but essentially it stands for Beauty Balm.  It is a moisturizer, primer, SPF and light water-based foundation all in one simple step. 



I just had to tell you about this stuff.  It is fantastic!  Its absolutely the perfect summer makeup that doesn't feel or even really look like makeup.  It give a very sheer coverage, enough so that I can still use concealer in spots but not so much that it slides off your face in 90 degree weather.  For the ultimate test, I used this stuff Saturday at my cousin's wedding.  Just be safe, I did add my own primer first because it was crazy humid that day.  It lasted all day and into the night, through dancing and everything.  Pretty awesome stuff.   Considering its all these products in one, the price isn't too bad.  Its around $34 for a 1.7 ounce tube.  You use a very, very small amount.   I still have quite a bit in my sample, but I'm thinking I'll be springing for a full size tube of this stuff. 


Comments

Popular Posts