Hey out there.  Long time no write.  May has been a pretty crappy month to be perfectly honest.  It started with shingles, then moved to a cold, then to bronchitis then to walking pneumonia.  I think I may have missed more days of work than was here.  But, things are much better and I can now officially speak several sentences without purging a lung.  Yippee for me!

Stuff is happening.  My eldest child is about to graduate from high school.  And if that isn't the scariest thing in the entire world, I'm not sure what is.  Scary in the sense that she'll be cut loose and set free into the world to make all sorts of foolish mistakes and have to figure it out for herself.  Scary in the way that all of a sudden, there seems to be a weird time limit on the mommy time.  Like in seven days I'll stop having the opportunity to remind her to grab her phone charger or get her dirty clothes into the laundry room.  Or that all of a sudden I won't be able to teach her that final life lesson that will suddenly make all the other stuff click and make sense and the mysteries of the world will be forever revealed and unlocked for her.  This is crap by the way, but its a fear I'm dealing with. 

On the upside, I still have three more kids with years ahead of them for me to screw with.  For example, last night I had Seth almost convinced that dogs used to be able to talk.  And that if he tried hard enough, Clancy could totally say words.  I referenced Martha Speaks several times but in the end, the little dude knew he was being sold a load of bs. JP on the other hand went on a long and lengthy diatribe about how yes, of course dogs could talk.  And cats could too.  And explained to me that they are just really shy and don't like for people to hear them say the words because their lips are weird and they sound funny.  Also, they have huge tongues which makes them thound like thith. I think he is onto something.

Here are a few things I've recently become obsessed with:

1.  Lisa Eldridge's videos on makeup and skincare.  Seriously, check this stuff out.   She is bloody brilliant.  She's also British, so I tend to use a terrible fake accent in my head when I am trying to remember her descriptions of proper eyeshadow technique. 

2.  Finishing a pair of socks I started one year ago.  Nevermind that they should take two weeks tops.  And that they are basic stockinette stitch with zero lace or cables. 

3.  Trying to figure out how to start a business with no money so I can work at home in my pajamas all day and make beds when my kids go to school. 

4.  Sojourn hair products and my new red hair.

5.  June 4th I start the Couch to 5K program.  HA!

6.  Spray tanning.  I've decided to try and see what it feels like to be a color before I turn 40.  I just hope that color doesn't include "orange" or "burnt sienna" or "Lindsey Lohan-esque."

7.  The new CVS in town.  Its totally true and its the biggest thing to happen in my little town in many, many years.  A whole CVS right here! Amazing!!!

8.  Planning a graduation party for Autumn and not crying about it. 

9.  Avoiding a mental countdown everytime she leaves for school (Friday is her last day).

10.  Secretly planning on a room do-over for Danielle after Autumn leaves for college (isn't that just horrible though? She isn't even out of high school yet and I'm picking out paint and curtains and trying to jam my sewing machine into their room.)

11.  Clara's health.  This is sad.  Some days she's great, but others she is limping so badly.  Its heartbreaking and I honestly don't know what the right thing to do is. Every time I think she's really doing poorly, she rebounds and has three awesome days in a row where she leaps onto the couch in a single bound. 

12.  Weddings.  Guesting at one and officiating at two!  Nice!

13.  Makeup Forever HD foundation applied with a brush and topped off with their finishing powder.  Holy crap this stuff is awesome!   I love Mother's Day gift cards to Sephora.

Okay, that's it.  I'm sure there are things I really should be focused on, but I'm so not.  I bought a sweet new dress and shoes for myself.  And the dress is much smaller than any dress I've purchased in the past seven years.  See?  I totally deserve that tan (that won't turn me orange). 




Comments

Popular Posts