Mitt Could Use More Liza

My bff and I were going back and forth discussing this issue of gay rights and marriage equality.  He happens to be married to one of the nicest, most adorable and incredibly talented guys.  There was a small debate on my Facebook profile on this very issue, so he references that here.  Here was his response via email to my post below (pasted here with his permission and with a name XXX'ed out):

~~~

I'm so sick of hearing about all these comments about one issue politics. No, it's not all about that issue. For me, it's a bigee. I can't live in my own country because of people like XXX and the like.
A.. what.. thrice divorced man telling me who I can and cannot marry? Is that a joke? Is that a sad stupid attempt at humor? What is it? To what length will people like XXX or Rush Limbaugh or Newt Gingrich go to to tell me what a definition of marriage is? Didn't work for them, did it? Not once.. not twice.. but three times and four times for good ole' Rush. Hypocrisy anyone?
Due to the fact that my husband and I live with this discrimination every moment, every second of every day.. yes, it's a big issue for me. And YES it's a big issue for people that love and care about us. Is it the only issue? Of course not! But here's the fact.. we will never agree with any politician 100%, no one will. So we have to take the good with the bad and the bad with the good. I am more conservative in some of my views, what I'm not conservative on is discrimination.
How anyone.. ANYONE who calls themselves an American can sit there and discriminate against a minority is morally and ethically Un-American. They can wave their freedom when it comes to bearing arms but when it comes to bearing love, they can't stomach it. When it comes to going to a senseless war to kill innocent men, women and children, it's heroic… but when it comes to marriage and creating a family with love and understanding, it's an unhealthy war on marriage.
My marriage is not trying to ruin your marriage or anyone else's. It's an expression of love. It's an expression of love that won't lead to a brother and sister wanting to get hitched or someone wanting to walk down the aisle with a  chicken.. It's no different than the love you have your spouse, it's just mine has a little more "Liza!" in it… and if you ask me, Mitt Romney could use a little more Liza. He's as boring as shit.

~~~

Ahhh yes.  Reason number 1,235,999 as to why he's my best friend.

Comments

Popular Posts