Finding that calm, carmel center.

I was expecting chaos. I was actually convinced that life as I knew it was gone forever. That may be true, but not nearly in the ways I was expecting.

Twins. Two daughters. A house. Aaron. A very needy cat. Work full time. Try to lose this belly flab (so attractive that). Dance classes (not mine, though it would be a riot). Homework. Enough to keep anyone pretty busy. But here's the thing... I almost never feel rushed. Maybe its the Paxil?? Hahahaha!

So, how did this happen? How is it that every day that I leave work I can't get home fast enough? That I smile every time I walk through my front door? How is it that a tiny smile can make me say a little prayer every time one appears? Is it possible to have the funniest, smartest and most beautiful daughters in the world? I realize this is a subjective statement, but nonetheless we live our own truths. And this to me is as honest as it gets. Is this where the sublime, hazy calm comes from? Why am I just as happy sitting in my living room as I would be anywhere else in the world? And how on earth did I pull this off?

I don't know where it comes from. I don't question it. I just know that this peacefulness has a lot to do with who I share my life with. I think maybe being older (not that old, but you know!) helps? Having kids in your 20s might be easier physically... but lord I drove myself crazy! Allowing people to help out and not being afraid to ask for some... big lesson learned! I don't know what I would do without my mom! Honestly, is it even possible to raise kids without a great mom?

So, here I am at the epicenter of a caramello. And damn, it's good! Enough sap for today... peace and love to you all.

Comments

  1. nobody has that answer to what is love...everyone has diffirent needs I hope and pray that you always feel this way forever(what ever that is)thanks for the compliment,I learned from a great mom too!!!love you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts