What is this sunshine business?

You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine.

You make me happy,
When skies are gray.

You'll never know dear,
How much I love you.

So please don't take my sunshine away!

When I gave birth to my daughter Autumn (she's 11) I was young and kinda stupid. I was 21 to be exact. I had a hard time getting her to fall asleep. Seeing that I had just spent a near decade listening to the mellow tunes of Motley Crue and Poison, Jane's Addiction, Ratt and BonJovi I didn't know a lot of lullabies. All I could think of was this song sung waaaaay to slowly and really off key.

Well, 2 years later when I had her sister Danielle, it was still the only song I knew how to sing.
Now, 8 years later and two new twin sons.... I sing it to them every night. And you know what? It's the perfect song isn't it?

Comments

  1. Yes, but now it needs to be plural. C'mon, you have a B.A. in English!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts