Short trips, two hour journeys

I had to run to Wal-Mart.

First of all, I hate that place. I want Ames back or Zayre's. Or a free standing Target without the Holyoke Mall attached. I would spend the extra couple bucks on stuff if there were a Target near me. But, alas, Wal-Mart is the nearest if not the dearest.

So at 4PM I start packing up the boys, the car and the diaper bag. At 5PM, yes, 5PM I pulled out of my street. Parked the car at about 5:15 and actually enter Wal-Mart at 5:25. It actually took a full 10 minutes to get the stroller out of my car, the boys in and then walk into the stupid store.

I grab my 3 items (all of which can be gotten at the Walgreens near my house, but it's too small to fit the stroller and if I carry the boys in their carriers, where am I going to put the stuff??) and wait in line.

5:50PM.

Two 4 year old girls are behind me. Twins. They notice Seth and JP.

"Look! Twins like us!"

I notice their mom is pregnant.

"More twins?" I ask.

One of her daughters says...

"We tried to order two, but we only got one."

Other daughter, "Yeah, mommy says that God isn't that cruel. Whatever that means."

Mom is now laughing her head off along with me. I notice a middle-aged man listening to us with sheeer terror on his face. His arm is in a cast.

"It's only one this time. It took us 4 years to decide to do this again as it is!"

The girls continue to talk to Seth and JP about how great it is to sleep together and share clothes and...

"Sometimes, I say Abby did it and she says I did it so we won't get into trouble."

Mom isn't laughing anymore. I am. Man In Cast looks ready to either bolt, vomit, pass out or all three.

"Oh sweety, you don't have to be twins for that! My daughters pull that trick on me too... but they end up both getting grounded."

"Don't tell my mommy that!"

Man In Cast, "I just found out that my wife is pregnant and we're having twins. I'm 48, she's 45 and our youngest is 21. Huge surprise."

"I know how you feel. It's great, don't worry. The pregnancy wasn't great but they are. I'm enjoying it sooo much."

In the back of my mind I am thinking about my 5 minute run to the store. And laughting at what I am saying. I think he was too.

And so, at 6:10PM I am cashed out and heading to the car. Laughing at these two beautiful little girls who are trying to get my 13 week old boys to learn the tricks of the trade already.

6:30PM, I arrive home.

6:40... both boys are now screaming for their 6:00 bottle. I think of Man In Cast at htis point and wonder what he would think of this scene. HAhahahaha! Oh is he in for it! LOL!

All that for some razors, Nice and Easy to cover the grays (can't imagine why I have those) and tampons. Did I mention I did all this with PMS?

So, what could have been done in a 5 minute trip to Walgreens took 2 1/2 hours. I didn't have anything else to do anyhow (yeah right!).

Comments

Popular Posts