How we roll.

As of Tuesday October 4th Seth started cruisin' on his belly. He pushes off with his feet and pulls his body forward with his elbows. On Wednesday he got up onto all fours and started that cute rocking thing babies do. As of right now he's still rockin' and the belly crawl is getting faster. He got all the way across the living room tonight!

Also, JP has almost mastered holding his own bottle. He does fine with the little bottles while lying on his back, but sitting up or using a regular 8oz bottle is still hard for him. Seth has no interest in this at all. He'll hold a bottle for about 5 seconds and then drop it or fling it over his head. This of course is followed up with screams of frustration.

My boys are growing. As I laid them down to bed tonight I held them longer than I usually do. I sang an extra lullaby, I rocked them a bit more and all the while I just kept thinking, "They'll never be this small again." Seth cuddled up with his blanket and paci and drifted off to sleep. JP, laying on his side (a new favorite) hugged his puppy and sucked his thumb until he too was sound asleep.

I sat in the rocking chair in their room listening to their breathing become soft and regular, the sound of JP sucking away on his thumb and Seth working his pacifier. Little sighs, turning over, and rustling of blankets. The rain falling outside a perfect backdrop.

Yeah, it was a moment.

Comments

  1. What a beautiful moment...you brought tears to my eyes. Those moments make all the work, the exhaustion, the loss of gray matter...lol...worth it, don't they?

    I love the professional pictures. The boys are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts