Anne Rice's new book.

Yep, she's got a new due November 1st! And if the reviewers are only half right, this is going to be her best in nearly 10 years. Christ The Lord - Out of Egypt is the story of Jesus from his perspective. The novel begins in Jesus's 7th year as he begins to learn of his origins, his birth and who he truly is.

I know what you're thinking... but she writes about vampires? Yes, she did. And she also wrote some of the most incredible historical novels of our time. Anne Rice is a devout Catholic and voracious reader and learner. She started researching this book about 15 years ago. In fact, I remember reading some of her interviews years ago and she mentioned this very work.

If you click on the link up there you will go right to her site and can read some of the reviews. Please note that only one is one anyone will know. The others are member of the clergy who were given early copies, and all of them praised the book.

I will post more as I get my mitts on a copy. I am soooo excited! I have been waiting for a great read and can't wait for this!

Currently I'm reading Dan Brown's Angels and Demons which is pretty good. Not an Anne book, but I've read all of hers at least 3x, some many more. Except Violin and Blood and Gold...never could finish those horrid things.

Comments

Popular Posts