First Impressions.

Let's discuss. Let me preface this by sying that I'm lying in bed, I am typing on my shiny clear and white wireless Apple keyboard. It feels like a dream, but it is also a bit weird as I'm not used to my keys being so close together.

I have my mighty mouse at my side.

Some first big differences I have noticed is that everyhting feels solid. Well made. Like a Volvo. Ever drive a Volvo? The knobs feel heavy, crafted. Like in 50 years they will still be heavy, solid knobs that work. That's how a Mac feels. Even the peripherals feel this good. This keyboard even sounds great. God.

I have yet to really dig in to the programs. I downloaded Quicksilver but really haven't cracked it open and examined its guts. I am looking forward to learning as many keyboard shortcuts as possible and I hear that Quicksilver is pretty awesome at that.

The Macbook itself has an amazing display. Glossy, super HD. I'll be watching a move later to check that out. I played with Photobooth. I'll post the pics when I figure out how!

So, I need to upload my iPod and get my library moved to this bad boy. I also need to install Office. Damn this thing is so cool. I ordered my AppleCare Plan today, shoudl be here in a couple of days. 3 years of solid coverage, NICE!

So, so far I'm finding the mac to be everything I thought it would be. High performing, quality feel. This keyboard feels like I could throw it out the damn window and use it from my backyard!! I love well made things.

Okay, I'm off to play more! If you don't hear from me in a day or two, I'm in a Mac induced state of awe.... wake me up!

Comments

Popular Posts