First Post in the New Address

It seems only natural to move into a new place on the 'net if we've actually moved ourselves in real life. It was incredibly difficult I have to say. Much harder than I thought it would be. I keep going back to Sum > Parts and looking at some favorite posts. All those pictures and all that history.

Growing up Granby is a result of my growing up in Granby, MA. Now all of my kids will too. I have a few links in the side bar of a few posts I did about growing up here. I graduated high school with 47 other students. I had 8 students in my Biology II course. There were less than 500 students in our school, grades 7-12.

Granby: I wrote about it here.

And about The Hill here. And The Sunny Spot.



View Larger Map

I hope to write about this little town. Its good moments and difficult ones as well. No place is perfect, it is too much a reflection of the people who live there. Flawed and imperfect, striving to find balance in our lives, love under our roofs and patience with each other. I guess if home is where your heart is, Granby is much bigger than its current census might show. I've said it before and I say it again: I don't think you ever really leave here. I believe Granby becomes as much a part of its residents as Christmas mornings and first days of school. It is a defining background for all of us who have ever called it home. A sounding board that we measure every other zip code by.

So, here's to Growing Up Granby.

So, with the tire swings hanging from our trees and the sweet smell of country surrounding us, I thought now would be a good moment to turn the page so to speak.

Comments

Popular Posts