I'm the smartest woman alive.

I did something today that takes the cake on anything, well almost anything, stupid I've done so far. And no, I'm not pregnant again!

I volunteered to take pictures for the TJO Animal Shelter Bike Run. At around 1pm I was told they would be arriving at the tower at Quabbin Reservoir. And sure enough, 1:05pm and the roar of the Harley's could be heard loud and clear. I balanced myself precariously on the hood of my car, up near the windshield. My allergies are in full swing and my sinuses are so freaking blocked that I keep getting dizzy spells. So when I say "balanced precariously" I am dead serious when I say it.

It was awesome! The riders were so fun, they were waving, honking, giving me the peace sign. I was happily waving back and smiling. I pushed the shutter button and basically just held it. 153 pictures later, I had a good shot of almost every single rider. My sister Kathy was along to keep me company and we strolled over to take a few more shots of the bikes all lined up. A woman approached us and asked if we knew one of the riders.

"No, I'm a volunteer!" I happily reply.

"Oh. That's cool. "

A few minutes later, she returns.

"I'm sorry... who did you say you were with?"

"I'm a volunteer for TJO. I really don't know anyone riding."

"I think maybe you got the wrong Bike Run. This is Kicks for Kaitlyn."

Nice. I took one hundred and fifty three freaking pictures, FROM THE TOP OF MY CAR, of the wrong stupid bike run!!! She gave me her email and I sent the shots to her.

I did get the TJO shots... you can see them here.

Comments

  1. HAHHAHAH HAHHHAHAHHA HAHHAHHA

    that was the best thing i've read.

    all day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts