Taking a Day

Tomorrow I am off to Rhode Island for a day with family. Every year for 5 years now we have had a big ole Curran Reunion with my dad's side of the tree. Tomorrow is a reunion with the Canadian side - my mom's family. My cousins own a house near the ocean and have invited ALL of us over for the day.

The last family reunion I went to in July I went with Aaron and the four kids. My sons, being the specialness that they are, have a very hard time dealing with new places and lots of people. So, most of the day was spent calming down crying 3 year olds, chasing 3 year olds and then trying to get everyone back in the car so we could drive home with six people jammed into a Buick. Fun right?! So, after having a small panic attack Aaron quickly offered to stay home with the boys for the shindig planned for tomorrow. This is awesome. Very, very, very good.

So... I get to go to a beach house all day with my girls. I will get to have these things called "conversations" and I will get to "sit". I have heard of these things in a previous life and I remember liking them very much.

I don't know this side of my family very well. Which really stinks because the little that I do know is that most of them are incredibly funny and warm and giving people. You know, just like my mom.

I just realized that I see and know my cousins in Canada more than my cousins that live one town over or my aunt and uncle who live about 5 miles from me. There is something not right about that.

So tomorrow, take a moment and think of me, sitting on a beach, conversing with loved ones, NOT chasing anyone, swimming in the ocean and drinking something fruity and boozey. After the past week of hell at work, feeling completely horrible (fibro has been kicking ass and taking names) and a lot of other big stress items...

Happy Labor Day to Me!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts