Itis

Bronchitis. Conjunctivitis.  Worked Monday, sent home Tuesday.  Still here, waiting out the pink eye.  I also have a nice case of bronchitis.  My voice left town last weekend and decided to show up for a bit this morning.  I've pretty much been sleeping this week, so maybe the pink eye thing is helping me kick the bronchitis thing?

And of course, there is the Olympics.  The Knitting Olympics.  I've failed miserably.  At least the project is moving along nicely now so it will be done within a week or so, but definitely not for Closing Ceremonies.  Sucks.

In other news, both of my cars are without heat.  Sadonne (Buick) is getting fixed right now.  The wagon?  Well, Elaine needs a heater core.  And she is leaking oil like its cool.  So, she is for sale for parts or repair.  It was fun while it lasted, but with my new job being a real drive and involving highways I just can't depend on her lasting much longer.  Right now, she starts rights up and goes like crazy.  But her days are numbered unless someone fixes her seals.  And that someone ain't gonna be me.

I'm waiting for a call right now for the car I picked up last night.  Its a 1997 Subaru Legacy.  Which makes this car 8 years younger than Elaine and 2 years younger than Sadonne.  Car is in incredible shape, the back seats look like no one has ever sat in it. No rust.  Lots of work done to it like brakes, rotors, all new belts and lots of other things.  It drives really great, can't even feel it shifting gears.  And its a wagon!  And... it has power everything!  No more pulling over to the side of the street to put down/up windows for little boys!  Nice! It even has heated/air conditioned leather seats. The all wheel drive thing is a huge plus.

So, that's what my week has been.  I'm feeling lazy and loving that the weather is supporting my lack of motivation to do a damn thing. 








Comments

Popular Posts