St. Patrick

I was rushing yesterday morning.  I was running a bit late and trying to get my boys ready for "Green Day and Crazy Hair Day" at school.  I had been sort of counting down to St. Patrick's Day since last weekend with them.  On this morning, as I jammed Seth's green TPCP shirt over his head I said, "Today's St. Patrick's Day Seth!!  Are you excited?"  To which he replied, "Yeah!  Patrick's alive today mommy!?"  I just looked at his face, it was so happy and full of expectation. 
 
"No, buddy. Its a different Patrick.  Big Patrick is in heaven and he can't come here to visit us anymore."
 
"Oh. He's with the stars?"
 
"Yeah, he's with the stars Seth."
 




 

Comments

  1. IF ONLY KIDS WISHES COULD BECOME TRUE,THIS IS ONE I'D LOVE IT TO

    ReplyDelete
  2. lOOKING AT THINGS THROUGH KIDS EYES IS THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD..SETH YOU SAY THE WORDS THAT CAN HEAL A BORKEN HEART,,,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts