More than the moon loves the stars

A little boy after a bath is heavenly enough. He is rubbing his hair with one hand, holding his towel, soft and warm and out the dryer clean, with the other.  I grab him and lay him across me, we stretch back on the old blue leather recliner.  Holding him the way I did almost five years ago. Maybe a little more squeeze now though.  I kiss his red checks and breathe in his cherry shampoo.

I love you Seth.

He smiles, closes his eyes and snuggles closer.  I think he is listening to me breathe.

We lay quietly like for that for a few moments.

Do you love me when you're mad at me?
His question sinks my heart.

I love you every moment of every day.  Even when I'm frustrated or mad about anything at all.
Oh.

He doesn't believe me really.

Seth, I love you when I'm at work.  I love you when I'm home.  I love you in the car, at the park and at the store.
He smiles.

I love you when I'm sleeping too. 

When you dream you love me?

Yes. 
But do you love me when you don't have a dream?
I love you more than the moon loves the stars.  More than the trees love the grass and the sun loves the sky.
He laughs a little at that.  

I can hear your heart beeping Mommy.

You can?  That's pretty neat isn't it?
Yeah.  My heart is beeping too? Right?

It sure is. 

My heart loves you mommy.
Mine loves you too.  My  heart loves you so much that it will love you even when it stops beeping.
He closes his eyes and on his peaceful and sleepy face, I can see that he believes me.

Comments

  1. NO WORDS CAN TOUCH THIS LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. This moment will be remember always no matter how old he gets...treasure every moment they are growing up so fast....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts