I cartwheeled.

I did, I did, I shouldn't have.  Ah well, it was a beautiful day yesterday and I was high on meat. HA!

Its a weird thing trying to balance posting on two sites.  I just blogged something on my Pain Free blog that would have fit nicely here.  Check it out if you'd like.

I'm spending some time learning how to cook vegan meals.  I'm a little sick of stir fry veggies and brown rice.

On the knitting front I'm working on the Kimono.  I'm finding that working with heavier yarn and larger needles is not easy on my shoulders, elbows and hands.  I can work on socks or smaller needles for hours, but after about 45 minutes working on this, I need to take a break.  Which leads me to....

Jawoll Magic in light fingering weight yarn.  I will post a picture of this yarn tonight.  It is a slow fading, self-striping yarn similar to Noro.  This skein is bright pinks, oranges and green.  It is absolutely gorgeous.  I am trying to knit the Meandering Vines shawl with it.  I tried it on size 4 needles and it was an epic fail after 3 rows.  I saw that it was a shawl and gauge isn't important, but what I failed to do is knit a swatch of the lace pattern.  I have knitted lace before, but it was never truly lace.  I knitted lace socks and a cowl, but those were done with a heavier yarn and bitty needles.  This time, I want something very open and truly lace work.  So, tonight I shall knit a swatch with size 6 needles.  I need to figure out the best cast-on as well.  I just did a simple backwards loop, but I wonder if that was the best choice?

Big, heavy thoughts today hah?  Ah well, its Monday squared. 

Comments

Popular Posts