Weekend Funnery

Yes, its a word.  Funnery.  It should be a word anyhow.

This weekend I have zero, zip, nada on the calendar.  This is more exciting to me than I could ever express.  I am thinking I owe Aaron some serious down time.  He has been picking up my slack all week while I've been feeling like a 97 year old after a car accident.  Hmph, that was specfic.

I am feeling better than I was earlier this week, so that is fantastic.  I have lost around 5 lbs in 7 days.  Win!  Would have been more if I didn't eat an entire ham on Easter.  Oh and a lamb.

(This is a random blog post, sorry for the aimless-ness.)

I am getting back into the theatre saddle.  I am going to propose to direct a drama for GAP.  Not a traditional setup though, I would really like to teach some basic directing and acting as part of the process.  I'm trying to wrap my brain around how to best do this.  Perhaps a one act would be better?  Workshop rather than a finished production?  Would I do auditions?  Only offer it to 11th and 12th graders?  :Lots of details to work out and class plans to write.  I think I would love to do this.  Hey, I think I even have a degree or something in Theatre Education! Cool!  Nice to dust off the degree and actually use it.

On the hunt for a great drama that is one act, suitable for high schoolers, has some talking points that might tie into curriculum on the way and something that the students will WANT to be a part of.  This is more difficult than one might suppose.  Initially I was thinking I wanted to direct The Outsiders.  I do.  And I think high school is a great venue for this, but I wouldn't have time to do much teaching.  Perhaps another year.

Comments

Popular Posts