Don't Ask, Don't Tell

I encourage you to read this letter from a soldier in Afghanistan. Obviously, I want this thing repealed.  If you've known me for five minutes or have read more than a few posts here, you know that I'm absolutely 100% for equality for ALL Americans.  And this?  This antiquated, outdated and archaic policy of the Armed Forces has got to go.
 
This letter brought up something that I hadn't even thought of.  Notification of next of kin.  They can't list their partners.  They have to notify a family member and guess what?  The federal government doesn't recognize gay marriage or domestic partnerships.  Death benefits and pay for being away from family. Nothing.  Their partners get zip.
 
Okay, I can't even keep typing about it because its pissing me off that much. 

Comments

Popular Posts