Dream

I had the best dream last night.  Yeah, it was a Patrick dream.  He looked young in this one and we were sitting at a bar somewhere.  I walked in and saw him sitting there drinking a Twisted Tea.  I ran over and grabbed him by his shoulder and he looked like he did when he was 18 or 19.  He gave me this smile, oh my gosh, that smile.  I asked him how he was and what was he doing there.  He said he missed us.  He said he was great, but that he really missed us and he needed to say hi. 

I grabbed him by both his shoulders and I said we missed him sooo much.  That we missed him every single day and every single minute.  He started to cry a little and then we hugged.  We hugged and hugged and hugged and clung on to each other for dear life.  He said he was happy that we were all so close now, that we need to stay like that.  He said he loved us.  He said he missed us and he hugged me again.  He said everything was going to be fine and that he is with us always.  I told him I knew that, we knew that.  We just stood there sort of looking at each other.

I said, "Pat, just say it once okay?  One more time?"

"Heffener." He laughed. 

And then my eyes opened and I smiled.  It was three in the morning and I got to hear him say it one more time.

Comments

  1. WOW just wish i didn't read it at work next time tell him i love him and miss him me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts