Texas

"You can go to hell, I'll go to Texas." Davy Crocket

I arrived here in San Antonio, Texas on Monday.  First impressions?

1.  Its damn hot
2.  Its super clean
3.  Everyone is nice.  Like seriously, genuinely kind.
4. Its not weird to hold hands and say grace in a restaurant. Even with strangers.
5. The accent is distinctly not southern. More like mid-western meets the south in a polite handshake and holds the door open for each other.
6.  The food is fricking amazing.  Seriously, why isn't everyone here like 300 pounds? Is the heat? Do you sweat it off?
7.  Margaritas and tequila are completely different from anything you can find in Massachusetts.
8.  The Riverwalk is worth the trip, seriously.

And, last but definitely not least:  this trip would have been so much fun if I had my family with me. 

Aaron and my girls would have loved this place.  Every restaurant had a table ready for us, every boat that rode by had a seat for my boys.  And every corner was a little reminder of how far away I was, how much I missed tucking my little guys into bed and when the delivery girl arrived last night and I didn't have to reach for a dog I knew that it was time to pack up and get my sorry ass home.

Its almost 10.  My flight leaves this very awesome place at 6am.  I met some really great people here at my little three day training: Kamil, Tammy, Sarah.  Fantastic people who made my getaway so fun.  Tammy... seriously cool.  Perfect Texan through and through and our meal at Landry's tonight goes directly into the
"Best Meal Ever Hall of Fame." 

Well folks, I'm exhausted.  Did I mention I have a 3:30am wake up call? Oy is right.

Comments

Popular Posts